1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Went to Bali, rode on an elephant, made my first insurance claim, came out of the gay/poly closet, took pole dancing classes, quit smoking and started using e-cigs.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions last year. I think if you really want to do something you should be able to do it on any day of the year. I did promise myself I'd quit smoking before my birthday though and I succeeded. I don't have any resolutions for 2012.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of girls at work but no one very close.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Less stress and more time. Especially with the people I love. I said I wanted that last year too so I guess I can't get enough of that.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5th - I smoked my last cigaretteSeptember 3rd (I think?) - met my girl, G :)September 22nd - we celebrated someone's birthday in Bali and it was an amazing day
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think this year I made some good decisions about moving on with life, who I wanted to be around and how I wanted to live.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think for the first time since I started doing this meme I can confidently say that I didn't really have any failures. Not that the year was the most brilliant year ever or anything but things have gone well and anything that didn't go quite right has just been a learning experience. Yay.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was extremely ill with vestibular neuronitis which still affects me a little bit now but other than that this year has been fantastic. Quitting smoking is the best thing I've ever done for myself.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our trip to Bali. That's something I will never forget :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Dan. Just for being Dan and for taking care of me and allowing me to do what makes me happy.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No one. The decisions I've made about who I want in my life have clearly been the right ones.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage :)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Bali. Seriously, I was researching things to do in Bali for months beforehand and I'm pretty sure Dan got a little bit sick of hearing me talk about it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Mmmm. Not sure. Maybe some Gotye songs.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising. Saying yes.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Even though I loooove to sleep I feel like I wasted some useful weekends lying in bed.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Mum had to work so we went out for lunch a few days beforehand. Afterwards we went shopping and got Ari a toy, Mum bought me a nice necklace and a bird ornament and then we got pedicures. :)On Christmas Eve we drove to Bunbury and spent a couple of nights at Dan's parents place. We had a big Christmas lunch and dinner under their new patio. On Boxing Day we drove to Dan's sister's new place in Busselton and spent a few hours there helping to make food and eating by the pool before driving home to Perth.Christian and Stacey fed the cats for us so we left some presents behind for them. :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I'm already in love. But I do lover a couple of new people. :)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
We don't watch much TV but Dan did get Star Trek: Enterprise and we watched the whole thing together as I'd never seen it. I loooooved it. Oh and Game of Thrones. That was awesome.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. I don't hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Game of Thrones
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Honesty, communication and new friends.
27. What did you want and not get?
A bunny :)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I enjoyed Sucker Punch, Thor, Panet of the Apes, Troll Hunter and Captain America. I think Troll Hunter might have been my favourite though.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a shindig at Deville's with cupcakes and cocktails. I was turning 30 so my excitement turned to gloom about a week beforehand but I have no idea why. It's just another year. I had a great night smoking e-cigs in our booth, getting drunk and then being sleazy in the backseat of the car with a friend :)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Erm... just one small thing but I can't say it here!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Concept? Hahaha. Whatever the fuck I can find that is black and fits.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Same as last year, Amanda Palmer.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Occupy movement.
35. Who did you miss?
Same as last year: I'm not naming names. I just want to spend more time with a lot of people I care about but rarely get to see.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh I hate to name names but definitely G. :D
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
In the sort of relationships I have with people the most important thing is communication. Nothing will ever work properly without it. But I already knew that.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Now you're just somebody that I used to know"